In this episode of Magic Markets, we decided to look at some of the common mistakes made by investors and traders in the market.
We covered topics like:
• Not knowing whether you are a natural trader, investor or hybrid of the two
• The risks of not diversifying into different asset classes
• The trouble with panicking during tough times
• Checking your portfolio too often
• Assuming that certain industries are always a good investment
• Focusing too much on dividends without looking at how they are funded
• Not critically assessing the strategy of the entity and only focusing on the numbers instead
• The importance of flexibility, openness to new ideas and information and the conviction to follow through
We all make mistakes in the market. The more we talk about them, the better we all become.